The National Deputation is appointed by the Italian Minister of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies, and counts seven members:
- One delegate of the Italian Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies, as Chairman;
- One delegate of the Italian Institute of Services for the Agricultural and Food Market (ISMEA);
- One delegate of the Ministry of Economic Development;
- One delegate of the Permanent Conference for the relations between the State, the Regions and the Autonomous Provinces of Trent and Bolzano;
- Three delegates, designated by Unioncamere, representing the Chambers of Commerce shareholders of BMTI S.c.p.A.
Among the main duties, set by the Regulation of the National Deputation:
- It adopts the General Regulation of the Italian Online Commodity Exchange and relevant amendments;
- It makes uniform the modalities of negotiation, and those of implementation of transactions security and guarantee forms;
- It supervises the Management Company – BMTI S.c.p.A. – and the general functioning of the Italian Online Commodity Exchange;
- It establishes disciplinary measures against approved intermediary Agents (SAI) and accredited Operators who violated the Italian Online Commodity Exchange’s regulations;
- It sets up and keeps updated the approved intermediary Agents list.
On March 20 2013, during the Convention “March 20 1913 – March 20 2013: One Hundred Years of Commodity Exchanges”, the National Deputation presented the first report on the activities conducted in its first years of operations.